Pages

Tuesday 23 September 2014

museboard: reverse mind knitwear

So I'm not sure exactly why but my mind is working in reverse... Spring came to New Zealand a few weeks ago and I'm preparing moodboards and feeling utterly inspired by the fluffiest, and warmest knitwear! Maybe it's because I'm heading to India towards the end of the year, and it's going to be winter there, or it may have something to do with my idea that winter dressing is so much more exciting than summer dressing (because layers). 

I'm currently mind-mapping a shoot in a large industrial setting, with lots of tall and chipped concrete walls. Metal staircases, dust toned and musty lighting. And in all of that messiness there were be a gloriously warm model in the most excessive knits with large draped sleeves, or a high roll neck that is swallowing about half her face (but in a maximalist amazing way!). No props, nothing luxurious about the setting just stripping the shoot down to the models and the milk/ bone/ sand toned knitwear. Ahhh why do I want winter after six months of complaining through it?

And for anyone from the Northern Hemisphere, if any of these jumpers catch your eye and I haven't already labeled them, comment and I can let you know where they are from! My personal favourite is the bottom row, left-hand cream coloured Acne Studios one...


Images via pinterest, Acne Studios, Zara, Topshop, The Cut and Asos.

No comments:

Post a Comment